In Cambodia’s untouched Koh Rong Archipelago, two pristine islands lie side by side. They are known locally as Song Saa-Khmer for The Sweethearts. The Song Saa Private Island is as seductive as the name implies. Think intimate. Think luxurious. But above all think harmony with all the elements of nature that make this place so special.
The resort spans the islands of Koh Ouen and Koh Bong, connected by a footbridge over a marine reserve we have established to safeguard the islands reefs and marine life including dugongs, seahorses and exotic species of tropical fish. Find out more about our conservation programs.
Song Saa Private Island lies secluded in what we consider to be one of the world’s most beautiful seascapes.
Most of the islands in the Koh Rong Archipelago remain undeveloped deserted oases of virgin jungle, tropical reefs and glistening white beaches.
As our guest, you’ll be among a handful of lucky adventurers to experience this beautiful, untouched world, where you can walk among old-growth rainforest, watch dazzling reef fish swim under your villa or see rare hornbills land on your balcony. We hope you lose yourself in this intimate natural setting. No intrusions. No work. Nothing but play.
Song Saa Private Island At a Glance
- Song Saa Private Island is the first private island resort development in Cambodia. It sets a new benchmark for luxury accommodation in the country.
- This high-end, world-class resort spans two small, adjacent islands protected by a marine park established to safeguard their natural assets.
- The resort is located in the Koh Rong Archipelago of the Gulf of Thailand, just 30 minutes by boat from the local airport at Sihanoukville, which at present has connections to Siem Reap only. Flights are provided by Cambodia Angkor Air and are operated on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. International connections to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Luang Prabang, and Vientiane are available from Phnom Penh and Siem Reap airports.
- Most of the Gulf’s 61 islands remain completely undeveloped and many are deserted. Think Thailand 30 years ago.
- The resort features 27 over-water, ocean view and jungle villas. Each features a private pool, sea views, sundeck, air-conditioning, open style bathrooms, mini wine cellar, Bose sound system, iPod docking station, bath and rain shower.
- At the heart of the resort is an over-water lounge and restaurant staffed by world-class chefs. It offers 360-degree sea views to take full advantage of stunning sunsets and vivid starry nights.
- The Song Saa Sanctuary is a secluded amongst our jungle and ocean view villas. The Sanctuary uses locally sourced herbs and plants, as well as Song Saa’s pure white sands and iron-rich stones in bespoke treatments designed by ila around the themes of Blessings, Stillness and Healing.
- The resort also features an infinity pool; a beach-side water-sports centre offering sailing, diving, kayaking and snorkeling; a fascinating ecological program to experience the area’s flora and fauna; and an exclusive boutique to take home a slice of island life.
- Song Saa Private Island has a strong environmental and social charter to ensure this piece of paradise does not go the way of other locations in Asia. The company has established a team of scientists to ensure the continued health of the marine and rain-forest environments.
- Song Saa Private Island is like no other experience in Cambodia. It is centred on the philosophy that luxury should tread lightly and in harmony with nature.